Avoid Delays! Make Your FOIA Demand Online
Throughout the nationwide COVID-19 reaction, our ability to process paper FOIA requests and deliver records by mail is going to be significantly paid down.
Use our online FOIA system to demand:
- Your very own immigration record,
- Another personвЂ™s immigration record, or
- Non-A-File information such as for instance policies, information, or communications.
We shall upload our reaction to your demand in your USCIS on line account and notify you.
Get the reaction faster, keep our workforce safe, and lower the spread of COVID-19 by simply making your FOIA request on the web.
Records You Can Easily Request from USCIS
Underneath the Freedom of Information Act (FOIA), you’ll request:
- Your immigration record;
- Another personвЂ™s immigration record; or
- Non-A-File information such as for example USCIS policies, information, or communications.
To Get Your Records as Efficiently as you can
- Go to the USCIS Electronic checking Room to verify we’ve perhaps perhaps perhaps not already posted the records you will need.
- Make the right agency to your request by reviewing the sections below. We would not have all immigration documents.
- Demand just the documents you may need, once we can get back requests that are precise.
Demand records online to immediately:
- Get the demand lined up for processing;
- Understand we received your demand; and
- Be notified as soon as we plan your demand.
On the web records are really easy to:
- Access from the phone, tablet, or computer;
- Forward to some other individual; and
- Print and download.
Current average FOIA request times that are processing
The status of the FOIA documents request
Go to the Check Request reputation web web web page, scroll down, and enter your FOIA control quantity
Documents which can be a lot more than a century old
Details about our FOIA process or procedure
Documents on the part of person in Congress
Immigration records by practices except that our online system
Requesting documents by e-mail, fax, or mail shall wait our reaction to you. Use our online FOIA system to have documents in a quicker, more convenient online format.
If you want to request documents by mail, you need to:
- Complete and sign Form G-639, Freedom of Information/Privacy Act Request (PDF, 384.25 KB) after reading its directions (PDF, 241.33 KB)
- Draft a request documents which has your full name, mailing target, date of delivery, host to delivery, and a signature that is notarized, or one that’s finalized under penalty of perjury.
Then deliver your demand to USCIS by:
- Fax at 816-350-5785;
- Mail at: Nationwide Records Center (NRC) FOIA/PA Workplace P.O. Box 648010 Lee’s Summit, MO 64064-8010
Making your demand by some of these techniques will need which you:
Available records under part 508 for the Rehabilitation Act
- Topic line «FOIA Disability Rooms»
- Your title
- A telephone number where you could be reached
- Your FOIA Control Quantity
We will contact one to help.
The more accurate you will be making your demand, the greater effectively we could get back the documents you’ll need.
You should check the status of a FOIA that is existing in the Check reputation of FOIA Request web web page.
Particular papers from an immigration datingrating.net/be2-review file (A-File)
Simple demand, it is therefore more likely to go quickly.
Advanced request, so our review will most likely just take an amount that is significant of.
In the event that you request вЂњthe application and all sorts of supporting documents,вЂќ our review will demand more hours than an ask for a certain document.
An A-File as quickly as possible, since you have actually a planned hearing with an immigration judge.
Priority demand, you must add a duplicate of 1 of the forms that are following granted by the Department of Homeland safety or Department of Justice, together with your demand:
If you want to dispute a USCIS FOIA request, please go to the site for the working office of Government Suggestions Services (OGIS). OGIS provides mediation between FOIA requestors and agencies that are federal.
USCIS doesn’t have all immigration documents, therefore make sure to create your demand into the right agency.
Importer Trade Activity (ITRAC)
Applications from U.S. citizens for U.S. passports
Visa demands from noncitizens to enter the U.S.
When you have questions regarding your pending FOIA/PA demand, you might:
- Phone the USCIS Contact Center at 800-375-5283 (TTY: 800-767-1833);
- Fax questions into the nationwide Records Center at 802-860-6908 or 816-350-5785; or
- E-mail the questions you have .
The nationwide Records Center is only able to respond to questions about FOIA/PA demands. We can’t assistance with pending applications, petitions, or other form of immigration matter.